Crystal Ski Holidays customers and employees have helped raise an incredible £68,000 for charity Disability Snowsport UK (DSUK). The partnership has been such an incredible success, Crystal Ski Holidays explained. In the last seven years since the partnership began, over £320,000 has been raised.
As a small national charity with a huge remit, funding like this is crucial in allowing DSUK to pursue its mission of giving skiers and snowboarders with a disability the opportunity to be able to ski alongside the non-disabled as equals at all ski facilities and resorts.
This donation will allow members to continue to experience lessons with specialist instructors and equipment in all UK indoor snow centres, therefore providing access to skiing for disabled people who might not normally be able to participate. It also means that DSUK can continue to work closely with Crystal to provide holidays of a lifetime as part of our activity weeks programme throughout the winter.
Fiona Young, CEO DSUK said: “I can truly say that without Crystal’s support over the last seven years DSUK would not be here now. From everyone at DSUK a huge THANK YOU for all your continued support and we look forward to carrying on this relationship long into the future.”
How did Crystal’s overseas and UK employees raise this money?
* Organised events throughout the year to support the charity and Crystal customers donated generously;
* Crystal Christmas, end-of-season and summer party donations from employees;
* Team Austria organised hundreds of activities including fancy dress skiing and lift pass deposit donations;
* The team in France organised fun filled activities including clothes and activities auctions, pub quizzes, an office swear jar and end of season barbecue;
* Team Italy ran various events from race nights, bikini skiing, auctions & prize giveaways;
* Crystal Ski Holidays customers donated nearly £1500 directly towards the DSUK campaign “Make a Million Friends”.