Disability Snowsport UK (DSUK) expresses their extreme thanks to Crystal Ski Holidays and their customers for the generous donation of £69,000, money which was raised during the last winter season. As a small national charity with a huge remit, funding like this is crucial in allowing DSUK to pursue their mission of giving skiers and snowboarders with a disability the opportunity to be able to ski alongside the non-disabled as equals at all ski facilities and resorts. …
This donation will allow members to continue to experience heavily subsidised, fairly priced lessons with specialist instructors and equipment in all UK indoor snow centres, therefore providing access to skiing for disabled people who might not normally be able to participate.
It also means that we can continue to work closely with Crystal to provide holidays of a lifetime as part of our activity weeks programme throughout the winter in locations such as Andorra, Austria, Italy and the USA – see www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk.
Crystal Ski Holidays and their customers continue to be an integral donor partner to the charity and we look forward to carrying on this relationship long into the future.
How did Crystal’s overseas and UK employees raise this money? They organised events throughout the year to support the charity and Crystal customers donated generously.
* Crystal Christmas, end-of-season and summer party donations from employees;
* Team Austria organised hundreds of activities including fancy dress skiing and lift pass deposit donations;
* The team in France organised fun filled activities including clothes and activities auctions, pub quizzes, an office swear jar and end of season barbecue;
* Team Italy ran various events from race nights, bikini skiing, auctions & prize giveaways;
* Crystal Ski Holidays customers donated nearly £1500 directly towards the DSUK campaign “Make a Million Friends”.
Fiona Young, CEO DSUK said: “It’s an amazing amount and to increase it year on year is fantastic. We realise that it’s still tough out there financially for everyone and there are so many good causes that deserve donations, so we really appreciate all the hard work and fantastic support that comes from Crystal’s staff and customers. I can truly say that without Crystal’s support over the last six years DSUK would not be here now. From everyone at DSUK a huge THANK YOU for all your continued support.”
Last winter season’s collection beats the amount raised during the previous season by £5,000.