Call to action for all ski racers north and south of the border
Hot news just in….
Urgent we need commitment now…….
Following your comments regarding the lack of FIS races in Scotland at the last Comps Comittee we managed to get a race scheduled for 13th – 14th April. It is now looking that this is a distinct possibility as the White Lady is in the best condition I have ever seen it and the forecast is for more snow and continued cold weather. A decision needs to be made this weekend if it will happen or not. Can you confirm the number of athletes that will compete (and could provide volunteers) as the main obstacle preventing this race will be interest.
We are looking at the possibilities for being able to include non FIS license holders (but would have to be at least BASS registered) and maybe also including final year U16, racing hors concourse (for experience).
There seems to be a possibility that Dave Ryding, Charlie & Alex may come across for it.